Terms of Reference (TOR)
Civil Servants HR Planning Consultant
|Position Announcement Reference|
|Job Title||Civil Servants Planning Consultant|
|Grade||NTA Grade B|
|Ministry / Agency||IARCSC|
|Number of Positions||2|
|Report To||Director, Appointment Board|
|Duration of Contract||6 months with possibility of extension|
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
This assignment involves providing technical assistance to the appointments board of the Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Services Commission (IARCSC) in HR planning of senior civil servants, implementation of HR planning, and implementation of competency based recruitment.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Provide technical support and advise the appointment board for the implementation of competency base recruitment process.
- Provides technical support to establish a set of guidelines for the recruitment portal of grade 1 and 2 technical positions and assist in developing an integrated database for HR Planning.
- In collaboration with the appointments board, determine needs and resources required for implementation of HR planning, develop and implement processes to meet long term and short-term objectives of the project.
- Identify shortcomings in the recruitment processes of senior technical position and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Prepare recruitment plan for senior technical civil servant positions and ensure its effective implementation.
- Close coordination/liaise with line ministries/relevant stakeholders in regards to recruitments of senior positions and other related HR matters.
- Assist the appointments board in the recruitment process, facilitate/attend shortlisting events and interviews.
- Identify financial needs of the project and estimate required budget, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms for the project.
- Provide administrative support to the appointments board on coordinating, leading and monitoring of the technical processes of the relevant assignments.
- Prepare different reports on implementation as and when required by the relevant authorities, key stakeholders and/ or the donor.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
- Excellent computer skills (Ms Office) and Internet.
- Fluency in one of the local languages (Pashto/Dari) and familiarity (written and spoken) with English language
- Excellent planning skills
- Willingness and ability to travel to the provinces in Afghanistan based on requirement
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be Afghan citizen
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- At least Bachelor degree in one of the following fields: (Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, or Public Policy) is required. Higher educational qualification in one of the mentioned fields will be preferred.
- With Master’s degree a minimum of 5-year relevant experience, in HR, financial management in government or with Bachelor’s degree minimum 7-year of relevant experience with governmental organization, UN agencies, international NGOs, international donors and/or well reputed organizations.
- Prior relevant experience with public sector reforms will be an advantage.
- Should be able to work with very little supervision and should be results oriented.
Expected Key deliverables:
- Review the current competency base process and provide expert view for its improvement.
- Prepare SOP for the recruitment portal of G1 & G2 Technical positions.
- Conduct HR planning need assessment, develop and implement processes to meet long term and short-term objectives of appointment board.
- Develop a mechanism for the administrative support for the appointment board, to coordinate lead and monitor
- Periodic technical reports to appointment board
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs to the following email address: