TERMS of Reference (TOR)
|Position Announcement Reference|
|Job Title||Information Analyst|
|Grade||NTA Grade B|
|Ministry / Agency||IARCSC|
|Number of Jobs||One Position|
|Report To||HRMIS Director|
|Duration of Contract||One Year with possibility of extension|
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
The information analyst is required to advise the department and HRMIS stakeholders on improving the HRMIS data quality. S/he is also responsible to collect, analyse, and present the data. To ensure data and reports accuracy, the information analyst must crosscheck the data from different datasets. The information analyst must work closely with relevant departments and stakeholders to convey the requested and accurate information. S/he is also responsible to ensure data accuracy in the system and necessary data availability for stakeholders.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Prepare regular reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data
- Crosscheck the data from different datasets to make sure data accuracy
- Analyse the existing data and forecast future expectations
- Prepare presentations for management and stakeholders
- Develop data sharing policy and standard operating procedure
- Advise the team on efficient data organization and classification
- Support a broad base of users of the data and reporting platforms. Ensure relationships with stakeholders and cross-team members by identifying and communicating stakeholders’ and team members’ requirements
- Maintain stakeholders’ confidence by efficient communication via reports and ensuring data accuracy
- Ensure data confidentiality
- Cooperate in developing standard operation procedures on improving HRMIS data QA/QC
- Cooperate in developing the policy and strategy for data QA\QC
- Excellent communication skills, being able to clearly communicate requirements and convey technical information in layman’s terms
- Excellent writing skills to ensure information is properly conveyed through reports
- Strong analytical skills to analyse complex data sets
- Excellent understanding of statistics
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto, and English languages
EDUCATIONS AND Work Experience
- At least hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration, or data analysis, or data science with 7 years of experience or Post-graduate/Master’s degree with 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of MS. Access, PowerPoint, and Excel. Knowledge of analytical software and database is an added advantage
- Ability to objectively analyse complex data and present it in simple understandable information for diverse audience
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet minimum requirements for this post are requested to please send their applications with curriculum vitae to the following email address:
Announced Date: 24th August 2020
Expire Date: 5th September 2020