Terms of Reference (TOR)
National Performance Management Specialist
|Position Announcement Reference|
|Job Title||National Human Resources Cadre Management Consultant|
|Grade||NTA Grade B|
|Ministry / Agency||IARCSC|
|Number of Jobs||One Position|
|Report To||Director, Human Resources Development|
|Duration of Contract||One Year with possibility of extension|
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The responsibility of the Human Resources Cadre Management Consultant is to develop concepts and mechanisms on human resources cadre management and create an electronic human resources cadre management system for better regulation and strengthening of human resources department of ministries and organizations.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The National Human Resources Cadre Management Consultant is expected to:
- Develop a comprehensive manpower plan including recruitment, job rotation, promotion and retirement of human resources cadre of all ministries and organization for better management of human resources cadre;
- Diagnose and define the requirements of human resources cadre management system
- Conduct job analysis and prepare job descriptions including competency and key performance indicators for the human resources cadre;
- Design a uniform structure for human resources departments of ministries and organization;
- Develop metrics for capacity and performance assessment of human resources department of ministries and organizations;
- Develop mechanism on manpower planning, job rotation, talent management, succession planning, promotion and performance evaluation of human resources cadre;
- Provide training programs through workshops and seminars to increase the capacity of the human resources development department to implement human resources cadre management system effectively and efficiently;
- Provide technical and professional advice on the human resources cadre management to the department for solving problems, gaps and challenges related to the cadre;
- Provide regular reports on the progress of human resources cadre management system and mechanisms to the head of department for taking necessary actions;
- Perform other tasks which are assigned by the management in accordance with the laws, regulations and objectives of the organization.
- Manpower planning
- Job classification and job analysis
- Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS)
- Organization design and development
- Job rotation and promotion
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Talent management
- Succession planning
- Research & development
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Having a Master’s Degree with (5) years of relevant experience in Human Resources, especially in organization design, organization development, human resources development or other related Human Resources field;
- Bachelor degree in the above mentioned fields with at least 7 years relevant working experience;
- Fields of study: human resources management, economics, business administration, public administration, public policy and other related field;
- Additional professional qualification/certification in Human Resources Management, or in organization development is advantageous;
- Familiarity with HRMIS tools that support manpower planning and personnel administration;
- S/He should have good knowledge in organization development and human resources development;
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate in Dari/Pashtu is required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet minimum requirements for this post are requested to please send their applications with curriculum vitae to the following email address:
Announced Date: 03/09/2019
Expire Date: 17/09/2019