|Position Announcement Reference|
|Job Title||Senior Human Resources Specialist (Performance Management)|
|Grade||NTA Grade B|
|Ministry / Agency||IARCSC|
|Number of Jobs||One Position|
|Report To||Director TAGHIR Project|
|Duration of Contract||One Year with possibility of extension|
Background The Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission was established under the Bonn Agreement, Article 50 of the Constitution, and in accordance with Decree No. 257 dated 23-3-1381 of the Provisional Administration of Afghanistan, to lead the administrative reform, policy plans and oversee their implementation.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR) TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”. The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
The Senior Human Resources Specialist (Performance Management) works as core member of TAGHIR team, and is responsible for supporting and monitoring implementation of the TAGHIR priority and non-Priority LMAs performance management initiative as per the Specific and Common Benchmarks and Deliverables set for every position under TAGHIR project documents. The scope covers evaluation and monitoring of all phases of performance management, as well as information collection on delivering each benchmark and drafting M&E reports.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support the IARCSC M&E and Human Resource Development Department in performing the annual appraisal of TAGHIR appointees in LMAs against pre-defined benchmarks and deliverables.
- Support the IARCSC HRD Department in managing and monitoring adoption of TAGHIR performance management for TAGHIR appointees across all LMA’s.
- Support TAGHIR performance management through collecting information on appraisals and conduct an analysis and prepare reports and propose recommendation based on findings.
- Support TAGHIR performance management in assisting and collecting information on its implementation as an HRM function designed to strengthen individual TAGHIR Appointees performance, capacity development, transparency, effectiveness and accountability.
- Provide technical support to the Human Resources Development Department in developing performance management system for the Human Resources Cadre Management.
- Work closely with and support performance management participants in LMAs, including TAGHIR Appointees and their Supervisors.
- Collect and analyze information on LMA actions in implementing TAGHIR performance management during visits, observations, and documents analysis and propose and support improvements.
- Assess, report and recommend LMA actions, report improvement progress, and monitor compliance with the performance management system.
- Monitor TAGHIR performance management implementation by individual TAGHIR appointees, their supervisors, and HRD staff, ensuring that the reports are objective, effective, efficient, service-oriented and transparent.
- Collect and maintain comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date records of all participants, documents and events in performance management.
- Support the monitoring and periodic evaluation of the performance of LMAs in achieving agreed results, and accountability in their use of resources provided.
- Deploy or transfer to any other section in the IARCSC with duties covering any required HRM activities as applied in the civil service and in particular through TAGHIR Project.
- Prepare and perform periodic status monitoring and evaluation reports as well as ad hoc reports as requested.
- Draft M&E progress report of the TAGHIR appointees to the line supervisor.
- Any other duties as required by supervisor in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the TAGHIR Project.
Reporting Line; Shall report to TAGHIR Director and work closely with M&E Department and Human Resources Development Department of IARCSC. Qualification, Experience and Key Competencies;
- Having a Master’s Degree with (5) years of relevant working experience in the field of Human Resources Management or any other relevant field of HRM & Monitoring and Evaluation with government, World Bank funded projects and NGOs or international donor funded projects
- Bachelor degree in the above-mentioned field or any other relevant field with at least 7 years of relevant working experience; priority will be given to higher degree in relevant fields
3. Command over official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English language4. Professional Certification in HRM is an asset.5. Demonstrated ability to support significant change management and to monitor implementation.6. Good knowledge of logical framework and track progress of actual performances of LMAs.
- Good knowledge of performance management, including key concepts, theories, processes, and problems.
8. Personal strength to conduct observations and report instances of procedural breaches where there may be resistance to full compliance9. Must have strong experience in computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point), internet and email skills. 10. Ability to exercise a significant degree of initiative and to work effectively with stakeholder organizations.11. Must have the ability to work with individuals and teams in completing tasks that are urgent, high priority and sensitive, and ability to deliver high quality work on tight timelines.12. Must have the ability to think analytically and strategically13. Must have the willingness and enthusiasm for working in an environment with many different stakeholders, with varying interests.
How to Apply: Interested qualified applicant are requested to send their application along curriculum vitae to the following email addresses no later than the closing date indicated above.
Note: It is imperative to write the position title at the subject line of your emails and your applications must be enclosed with attested educational documents as well as certified working certificates/contracts to be considered for the post in view.
Announced Date: 11/11/2019
Expire Date: 25/11/2019