Terms of Reference (ToR)
Exam Content Development Specialist for Public Health
|Position Announcement Reference|
|Job Title||Exam Content Development Specialist for Public Health|
|Grade||NTA Grade C|
|Ministry / Agency||IARCSC|
|Number of Jobs||Two Position|
|Report To||Director, Exam Content Research and Development Centre (ECRDC)|
|Duration of Contract||One Year with possibility of extension|
|Announcement Date||28 January 2021 – 08 February 2021|
The Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission was established under the Bonn Agreement, Article 50 of the Constitution, and in accordance with Decree No. 257 dated 23-3-1381 of the Provisional Administration of Afghanistan, to lead the administrative reform, policy plans and oversee their implementation.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”. The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
- Lead the process of developing a competency framework for the civil service examinations in Public Health
- Conduct research and produce exam content for Public Health positions based on the above stated framework in order to enhance the effectiveness and transparency of the civil service examination.
Main duties and responsibilities;
1. Conducting research to identify the current labor market needs and to improve the status quo
2. Create and develop competency framework for Public Health sector
3. Identifying information resources for the examination content development process
4. Looking for technical and professional advices and have regular meetings with public health experts
5. Analyzing job descriptions of the vacant public health positions and creating examination criteria accordingly 6. Active participation in the process of reviewing the examination contents
7. Answering the ambiguity of technical questions during the examination process
8. Monitor the protection and confidentiality of the examination content
Executive and Administrative Responsibilities
- Preparing an operational plan for conducting his/her duties and responsibilities.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submitting them to the general directorate of ECRDC and TAGHIR.
- Performing other duties in accordance with the laws, regulations and objectives of the Office.
Qualification and Experience;
- Bachelor degree in Medical field with at least 5 years relevant working experience; priority will be given to higher degree in relevant field
- Command over official languages (Pashto or Dari) and English language
- Computer skills relevant to the job requirements
- Ability to conduct research and create procedures and guidelines Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate with relevant organizations
The interested, eligible candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs to the following email address: email@example.com